Sunday, September 28, 2014
Blog Post #6 Learning with Anthony Capps
Watching the video series with Anthony Capps you can see that the Project Based Learning can really be an important tool in the education process. As a teacher being able to have automatic resources for the children to do most of their research on their own is a very important step in the learning process. Having students that are independent allows the teacher to step back and help the ones that are in need of the help.
In the videos Project Based Learning Part 1 and Project Based Learning Part 2 with Dr. Strange and Anthony gave me great insight into the examples of how this concept of financial based learning really works. I know that as a teacher following the state standards are a major part of your job but also you are to keep your children engaged in learning. Students being able to do anything hands own is not only the best way to learn but will be a great learning resource for children to associate with which in turn will not be forgotten as easy as just worksheets and plain text.
Anthony talks about two search engines one ICurio and Discovery Ed. ICurio is a great way for children to search the internet with safe filter in place to keep them from finding inappropriate items. ICurio also helps with virtual organization and has a directory feature for an easier way to locate specific information. I also liked the read aloud feature which will help students with different diversities.
The one conversation with Anthony Capps that really stands out to me is the Tips for Teachers part 1. Hearing the Key things that Dr Strange and Anthony Capps talked about I do believe are very important for students to keep in mind as the start teaching.
1) Teachers should always be willing to have an open mind and be willing to learn new things.
2) Teaching is a job that is hard working, never ending and Always rewarding.
3) Teachers should know that things happen and you should be flexible in all situations.
4) Start all your lessons with a end Goal in mind.
5) Keep all kids engaged 100% of the time with 100% of their projects.
6) Make sure the kids always reflect on their projects, Revise and share their work to the other students.